Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) Community - April 1st Resource Transition in WorkforceGPS
FINAL NOTICE: On April 1, 2019, the grant resources supporting DEI will be folded within the “Disability and Employment” Community in WorkforceGPS. By centralizing the DEI resources within the Disability and Employment Community of Practice, this will help bridge micro and macro organizational learning into one resource destination. Listed below is a Q&A and procedural steps to follow - Let’s take this journey together to become ONE community.
What steps do I need to follow? There are three simple steps to follow:
- Step 1: Go to “My Memberships & Notifications” on your WorkforceGPS profile.
- Step 2: Check the box “Disability and Employment” under the title Communities.
- Step 3: Scroll down and click the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.
Why should I do this? As a member of the WorkforceGPS “Disability and Employment” Community, you will have the best of both worlds. On a micro level, you will continue to get informed about the lessons learned from the 55 DEI projects awarded grants in 30 states. On a macro level, you will be a member of a broader online learning community addressing systemic issues with the American Job Center network, people with disabilities, and employers. This will allow you to:
- Be “In the Loop”: You can choose to receive weekly updates on the latest WorkforceGPS Disability and Employment Community announcements and resources.
- Find Information: The resources from both communities will be housed in one central resource library to allow for more effective research.
- Engage in Peer Discussions to “Connect the Pieces”: Through the WorkforceGPS Disability and Employment Community Membership Directory, you can search for peers with a public profile in your own community or other states to engage in dialogue.
- Find Archived and Upcoming Events: Find archived webinars and register for upcoming training events in one location focused on a shared topic of interest.
When do I need to do this by? You need to take this action by March 31, 2019. Don’t delay…take care of it today!
Who may I contact if I need further assistance to update my new community membership? You may contact the WorkforceGPS Disability and Employment Content Manager David Jones, ETA Workforce Analyst.