Development Framework of DEI Implementation: DEI Benchmarks and Outcome Indicators Worksheet
The Development Framework of DEI Implementation is designed to provide states and local workforce development areas (LWDA) that are serving as DEI pilot (implementing) sites with a developmental tool to (a) assess implementation status of the DEI and (b) identify priorities for ongoing development.
A framework which isolates the attributes of development along a continuum and describes more fully the implementation cycle can help determine the progress of any state’s initiative at a given time. It can help states plan the progression for growing and expanding their state DEI project beyond grant funds. It can help evaluators assess the effectiveness of various implementation efforts. The following three pivotal factors can be used to gauge the development of DEI implementation of the strategic service delivery components of a grantee’s service delivery approach to serve the youth, adult or significant disability population:
- The degree and distribution of disability expertise related to employment;
- The level of problem solving in which the DRC and/or the DEI pilot site staff and DEI Project state level leadership is primarily engaged; and
- The sustainability of promising practices into state policies and procedures.
- A set of instructions and key code followed by a narrative introducing that component and providing some explanation around that component’s purpose and role within the DEI.
- The three phases of development (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced) are separated and include information around self-contained activities that correspond to that phase. For each activity, you will use the key code to designate your current level of effort, knowledge and/or need by placing an “X” in the key code box that best indicates your progress.
- Each activity indicates the key career pathways elements that best align with the activity. Note: Identifying the career pathways elements will assist in clarifying the correlation between the specific activity and your career pathways strategy.