Disability Employment Initiative 30-Second Training Library
Under "Related Content", this page contains links to 30-seond trainings: short, simple multiple-choice questions on varied disability topics that provide information on employment and disability-related topics, with a resource link for further research.
THE SOLUTION: Awareness training and supporting materials increases the knowledge and comfort of workforce professionals and partners in serving job seekers with different backgrounds and challenges. Understanding how to accommodate job seekers by accessing an assortment of resources and supports is critical to serving the “universal” job seekers. Taking into consideration both the call to expand knowledge on disability and the limited time available for training comes the innovative 30-Second Trainings: short, simple multiple choice questions on varied disability topics that provide information on employment and disability-related topics, with a resource link for further research.
STRATEGIES FOR UTILIZING 30-SECOND TRAININGS: 30-Second Trainings can be used to either introduce topics and information for the first time, or to reinforce information that has already been presented in a formal presentation.
- As Stand-Alone Trainings via staff and partner listservs.
- As an attachment to a training event and presentation invitations and notifications -- this can give a taste/teaser for information that will be covered in the presentation / training.
- As an ice-breaker for training events and presentations.
- As fun “breaks” throughout trainings/presentations.
- As follow-up to trainings/presentations to reinforce information.