Tools and Resources for Beginner Disability Resource Coordinators (DRCs)
Under "Related Content", this page contains links to tools and resources to help orient DRCs (in position for up to six months) to their role, responsibilities and initial project implementation. Your Technical Assistance Liaison, in coordination with your project leadership, will help introduce you to these resources and facilitate your use of these tools during project implementation.
- Round VII DEI Project Lead’s Orientation
Covers the DEI landscape, history and connection to WIOA; DEI nuts and bolts; and clarifies roles and responsibilities at the national, regional and contractual level.
- Resources for Employment Network Operations in the Workforce System
Includes tools and resources to assist workforce entities to be an EN.
- Integrated Resource Team (IRT)
Includes tools and resources to assist in the understanding and implementation of an IRT.
- Guideposts for Success
Incorporates an approach to career pathways programs for youth that implement strategies based upon the youth “Guideposts for Success”. (NCWD/Youth, national partner)
- Customized Employment Strategies
To help job seekers with significant disabilities participate in customized career pathways programs. (LEAD Center, national partner).
- Career Pathways: Systems and Program Level Strategies: Two-Part Series
This series provides an overview of Career Pathways and how Career Pathways and DEI strategies align at the “system level” and under WIOA, as well as a breakdown on Career Pathways strategies at the “program level”.
- DEI Orientation Series: The Role of the DRC
Introduces DRCs to their role; and their role related to the Ticket to Work Program and operating as workforce ENs; supporting AJCs in implementing WIOA with a focus on serving job seekers with disabilities; and Asset Development and how it ties into WIOA.
DEI Assessment Tools
Part of an overall strategy to support project implementation through a standardized and grantee centered approach to help define the needs and level of targeted TA for each project. Below is a description of these tools, which your state leadership and TA Liaison will be sharing with you.
- DEI Local Level Training and TA Needs Tool
This self-identification tool, tailored by population focus, will help determine TA needs of DRCs and other DEI-funded local level project staff.
- DEI Benchmarks and Outcome Indicators Worksheet
A developmental tool to assess implementation status and to identify priorities for ongoing development. Number 8 under “Related Content” provides a link to a copy of the tool and a webinar archive that provides an overview of its purpose and use.
- Career Pathways Readiness Assessment and Action Planning Tools
Assess the status of relationships with career pathways partners, training providers, businesses and high-growth industries, to prioritize the current areas of focus, and develop an action plan to strengthen those areas with the greatest need.
You Might Also Like
- Intro to Disability CoP and DEI Resources on the New Workfor...
- CRC Updates Section 188 WIOA Nondiscrimination and Equal Opp...
- Madera County - AJC Customer Flow Modeled on DEI Grant Activ...
- SSA Benefit Basics for American Job Center Customers with Di...
- Section 188 WIOA - Summary of Final Rule from a Disability P...