Individualized Career Development Plan (ICDP) Tool for Workforce
The NDI-Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) team collaborated with the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD/Youth) to adapt the Right Turn Individualized Career Development Plan (ICDP) tool for Adults and the out-of-school population.
This is a joint activity that came from the coordinated activities to support the DEI youth projects. This tool is person-centered and has been designed to help customers take a holistic look at themselves and their interests and abilities and then match that to potential career paths. It creates a customer driven career goal resulting in a much greater commitment on the part of the customer because it is specific to them and their needs, wants, aptitudes, abilities and interests.
The ICDP is a tool/resource that can be used by the American Job Center and partner staff to engage customers in a strength-based, person-centered self and career exploration process. ICDP is based on the Youth Development/Adult Progressive Development Framework which examines five key areas:
Two Potential Formats for the ICDP:Individual - The ICDP
- Traditional One-on-One Case Management Activity
Group - The ICDP as a guided group activity
- Facilitated Workshop Activity (Led by AJC Staff)
You Might Also Like
- The HHS Poverty Guidelines and Census Poverty Thresholds
- Key Workforce Information, Administrative and Research Data ...
- Labor Market Data Sources for Targeting Services to Special ...
- Prioritizing Services for those Most in Need: Helping the L...
- Voices of Experience: Podcast on Individuals with Disabiliti...