DOL Awards DEI Grants Totalling $15 Million to Six States
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued a News Release on September 14, 2016, announcing "Six States Receive Nearly $15 M in Grants to Expand Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities."
This is the seventh round of Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) funding. Since 2010, the department has awarded grants of more than $123 million through the DEI to 49 projects in 28 states to improve education, training, and employment outcomes of youth and adults with disabilities.
Grants totalling $14,972,986 were awarded to the following recipients:
- State of California Employment Development Department - $2,500,000;
- Connecticut Department of Labor - $2,500,000;
- State of Idaho - $2,500,000;
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development - $2,500,000;
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development - $2,500,000;
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation - $2,472,986.